Ātaahua's Terms & Conditions of Temporary Holiday Rental
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY. NO PETS, NO BUCKS/BACHELORETTE PARTIES, OR SCHOOLIES.
ALL PARTIES ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE.
Payment of the rental constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (rental agreement) including but not limited to the following:
A Deposit of 50% which is non refundable is required to confirm a booking. Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Balance of the rental and the refundable damage deposit of $1000.00 are required in full 28 days prior to occupancy. If not paid, the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
Cancellation by the client: the money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. A $250.00 cancellation fee will apply if a refund is due.
Please Note: We require the name, address and contact number of each guest.
The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
Occupancy: Number of Guests staying at Ātaahua must be stated on the Confirmation Notice. Any changes needs to be confirmed in writing. If the number declared in the booking is exceeded, then immediate eviction will occur. As a result you forfeit all money including the damage deposit.
Ātaahua has 4 queen-size beds; therefore we sleep 8 people in total. However this excludes infants (under 2 years of age) if they sleep in a provided portable cot only. Please note that we classify people as all adults and children over the age of 2 years. A maximum of 2 infants can be accommodated.
We do not allow guests to sleep on the lounges. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in loss of the Damage Deposit.
Bedding and Furniture: No additional furniture or bedding including doonas, mattresses, inflatable beds, BBQ’s or camping equipment etc. can be bought into the premises at any time. All breaches will be evicted immediately. In addition you forfeit all money paid including the damage deposit.
Linen is supplied. This includes sheets, continental quilts, blankets, and pillows. As well as bath towels, hand towels and bath mats. The supplied bath towels etc. must not be taken to the beach or be removed from the premises at any time. We do not supply beach towels or linen for the portable cots.
- Parties and Functions and gatherings are strictly prohibited. Bucks, Bachelorette, Schoolies stays are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly our rates do not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Contrary use will result in eviction, loss of your damage deposit and/or additional payments. More than 12 people (including children and infants) is considered to be a party.
- Visitors to Ataahua are limited to a maximum of 12 people including children and infants. Please note that the maximum of 12 include the people that are declared as guests staying at Ātaahua. No Visitors may stay overnight.
- Pets are not allowed. If an animal is staying or visiting Ātaahua then all guests must vacate the premises immediately. Consequently all money including the damage deposit will be forfeited.
- No shoes (except slippers) are to be worn inside Ātaahua at any time. Disregarding this will result in loss of your damage deposit. Furthermore you will be liable for any damage done to the flooring from shoes being worn inside.
- No strollers, bikes, scooters, skateboards etc. are to be bought into the house under any circumstances. These items can be stored in the room where the bikes and surfboards are located.
- Smoking is not allowed in or around the property. If you smoke leave the property to do so. If butts are found in or around the property you will be charged an additional cleaning fee of at least $75.00 per hour.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited. Termination of rental and loss of the damage deposit may occur if Police are called. Ātaahua is located in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum especially between the hours of 10.00pm and 8.00am.
- Internet/Wi-Fi is provided. However we cannot guarantee that you will always have Internet access or fast speeds. If the Internet is a priority, please ensure that you make alternative arrangements to guarantee that you have access to your own Internet.
- When going out and on checkout all doors must be locked and all the windows must be closed. Please ensure that all blinds are pulled down.
House Rules: – A: The garbage bins provided are for normal residential use. Council has strict instructions on how to dispose of household rubbish. Breaching these instructions will result in council’s refusal to collect the rubbish. Guests who leave excess rubbish or who contaminate the bins will be charged $70.00 per bin to have the bins emptied at the tip.
B: The inside furniture must not be moved. A reposition fee of $75.00 per piece of furniture will be charged if any furniture is moved. If the hardwood floors are scratched or damaged due to you moving our furniture or due to carelessness you will be liable for the cost of the repairs, which may exceed the amount of the damage deposit.
C: All outdoor cushions must be put away after use do not leave them unattended as they may either be damaged or have disappeared.
D: The BBQ and the outdoor kitchen must be cleaned after use. The gas bottle must be turned off after each use. Failure to clean the BBQ and the outdoor kitchen area will result in a cleaning fee of $75.00 per hour. The BBQ Hood and Cover must be replaced after use otherwise damage may occur
E: All Guests are responsible to clean up after themselves and their visitors. On departure Ātaahua must be left in a similar condition as when you arrived
Age Restrictions: We do not accept groups of guests under the age of 25.
Check in and check out details:
Arrival: – Check in time is 4.00pm. Someone will meet you at Ātaahua to give you the keys to the house, a quick run through of the property and answer any questions that you may have. At the same time the guest who booked Ātaahua will be required to supply a photo of their drivers licence or passport and sign a copy of these terms and conditions.
Departure: – Check out time is 10.00am by the latest. This is to allow time to prepare the property for the next guests. The property should be left in a similar condition as upon arrival.
Please Note: We are flexible on the normal check in time except in peak season. However we are unable to confirm earlier check in times until a couple of days prior to the intended stay. We will endeavour to accommodate all requests made. A fee will apply if the check in time is later than 6.00pm.
Refundable Damage Deposit: The Damage Deposit (Bond) is payable at the same time as the balance. It will be refunded within 14 days after departure in full, subject to all terms and conditions being met. It is to cover any additional costs incurred, e.g. any breakage, spillage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, etc. If spillages occur on the leather lounges or carpets do not try to clean them. Inform the owners immediately; you will be given directions of what to do. If there is a breakage, damage etc. to Ātaahua or to any of its belongings please ensure that you advise the owners immediately on departure. Excess cleaning fees will be charged at $75.00 per hour.
Pool and Sporting Equipment: – Pool – All guests must adhere to the current NSW pool laws. Failure will result in eviction. All guests and their visitors use the pool at their own risk.
Sporting Equipment – All guests and their visitors use the provided sporting equipment at their own risk. No guest/visitor will hold the owners legally liable for any incidents. This includes but is not limited to damage, permanent disability or death to self or others. If any incidents occur, including damage, loss or theft to any of the sporting equipment whilst in the guests/visitors possession, then the guests will pay full compensation to the owners. Furthermore the door to the sporting equipment is to be kept locked at all times. Failure to lock the door will result in the guests being held liable for any loss or damage. All incidents must be reported to the owners on departure from Ātaahua.
Third-party services – Should you engage the services of a third-party during your stay such as a caterer, beautician, massage therapist etc., it is your responsibility to ensure that they adhere to these Terms and Conditions and hold appropriate Public Liability Insurance. The owner and the housekeepers will not take any responsibility for any issues arising where a third party has been involved.
Loss – Guests are responsible for all Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss during their stay. The owners take no responsibility, nor are they legally liable for the guest’s personal property. This includes but is not limited to baggage, vehicles, electronic devices, jewellery etc. We recommend all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance for any unforeseen circumstances like cancellation, loss of keys etc.
The owners can not be held legally liable by the guests/visitors for any incidents that may occur during their stay at Ātaahua. This includes without limitation to illness, injury, concussion, permanent disability, loss of limb, death to self or others etc. In addition the owners or their agents cannot be held legally liable for any act, omission or circumstance. Including Pandemics and Force Majeure (which means an explosion, act of war or terrorism, fire, flood, tornado, cyclone, tsunami or any other form of inclement weather) including the conditions that may arise from said weather. Guests will not assign or sublease Ātaahua or permit the use of any portion of Ātaahua by other persons who are not declared guests under these terms and conditions.
Indemnity: All guests agree to indemnify the owners against: claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities, costs, charges, expenses, loss or damage, any act or omission, neglect or default that is suffered by the owners as a result of the guests or their visitors breaching any of Ātaahua’s House Rules and Terms and Conditions during their stay.
In addition to these terms and conditions and our house rules all guests must adhere to the rules of the NSW code of conduct for short-term rental holiday accommodation industry.
Variations to these conditions may only be made with the owner in writing.
Ataahua’s House Rules forms part of this agreement